getting ready for the Labyrinth of Jareth masquerade...and finally finished costume!
anyone ever watch that old Disney cartoon with the grasshopper and the ants?
I was inspired by that childhood memory to make this as my LOJ costume (well....David Bowie inspired the pants...mmmmm Jareth...)...anyway
Lined burlap "coat" with coat tails, hood, long sleeves, and a minimal front. Took FOREVER to make. Used a Simplicity pattern for the sleeved shrug, created the hood from my other cloat, and pulled the cuffs and coat tails out of my head.
Purse was based off of a Burda pattern.
Belt was based off of an online pattern (the link has escaped me).
I ripped apart an old pair of stretchy pants and used the leg as a pattern for the ones I made. No elastic. Will see if they outlast one wear... ;)
Tube top is in drastic need of improvement....but it is ONLY for one night...
Little hipster "bag o'Earth" was my own creation; filled with moss, acorns, and coffee beans as a fun way to tie everything in. Smells damned good.
What a hilariously fun and exhausting project!!! I'm sooo excited!
- Eric S. favorited Woodland Elf Costume 03 Dec 02:30
- River F. favorited Woodland Elf Costume 27 Mar 23:22
- cornelia.featherstone favorited Woodland Elf Costume 09 Mar 22:52
- Stitches favorited Woodland Elf Costume 25 Jan 23:28
- kieeeera_ favorited Woodland Elf Costume 27 Nov 21:04
- C.Rami added Woodland Elf Costume to todo 19 Oct 07:07
- DragonPrincess1 favorited Woodland Elf Costume 02 Oct 12:33
- WaterAngel added Woodland Elf Costume to Dresses/Outfits 22 Apr 19:16
- Grimgirl101 favorited Woodland Elf Costume 04 Jan 10:10
- Nina C. favorited Woodland Elf Costume 30 Dec 21:15
Lisa D. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!