photo box, gift box, surprise, honeymoon, christmas, anniversary
I deceided to use a pretty box I already had to create a romantic surprise photo box for my Hubby. I chose photos from our honeymoon earlier this year.
The only real cost was that of printing my photos onto photo-paper as I had the box, ribbon and card in stash already, so it is quite an inexpensive make!
- blue commented on Surprise Photo Explosion Box 22 Jan 02:41
- Sarah S. added Surprise Photo Explosion Box to Cheap things to try 19 Jan 05:56
- Sue W. favorited Surprise Photo Explosion Box 17 Oct 18:18
- Angela P. favorited Surprise Photo Explosion Box 30 Apr 19:58
- caroline s. added Surprise Photo Explosion Box to organizers 15 Apr 07:53
- keisha w. favorited Surprise Photo Explosion Box 26 Mar 01:21
- Alexandria M. favorited Surprise Photo Explosion Box 24 Mar 12:48
- Teresa H. added Surprise Photo Explosion Box to Crafts 20 Dec 03:18
- WakeUpDarling... favorited Surprise Photo Explosion Box 26 Oct 01:28
- Steph favorited Surprise Photo Explosion Box 16 Oct 17:31
Choose your photos and print off to the correct size for fitting your box. Using a paper trimmer gives a more precise cut, but you can use scissors to good effect.
I cut my photos in rectangles, but you could cut them to whatever shape you wanted or even cut out the people and images from your photo.
Starting with your outer layer (or the inside of the box as I decided to also put photos on this - too many photos to choose from!) stick the photos on the inside flaps. On my last layer (The one you see first inside the box when it is open) I also stuck a photo on the flat part which will be the bottom of the box.
As well as photos you could include little mementoes (in the picture you can see I used 2 salt and pepper sachets I saved from the plane as well as other mementoes like ticket stubs etc)
Once all your layers have the photos stuck securely, fit each piece into the box using a dab of glue underneath the bottom of each layer to secure.
Again, check the layers fit correctly and put on the lid to check the layers are not too tall as you can trim any excess before sticking together easier.
this is really cool... im going to make this for my mum and dads anniversary.!
but im not sure how it works.
so when you stuck all your pictures and everything.
and you put on the lid...
do you tape all the edges together and then when you tie it with a ribbion.
Then when they pull the ribbon open... everything will fan out and do the suprise esplosion thing.?
Plz reply asap.
Thank you so much for sharing! Just in time to make for my bf for our anniversary =]