Ready to liven up any wall!
I love using origami to decorate, as paper is inexpensive and can be recycled when you are finished with it. These ornaments are based on the traditional water bomb origami, but I have threaded them on a tassel for hanging. They are quick and cheap to make and you can do them in different papers depending on the season. I did mine in pretty pastels for a springtime look, but these would look equally good for a birthday party, baby shower or in red, gold and green for Christmas.
- Amanda P. added Springtime Origami Garland to Paper Crafts 17 Jun 22:26
- Benjamin S. commented on Springtime Origami Garland 15 Jun 08:03
- Benjamin S. favorited Springtime Origami Garland 15 Jun 08:03
- Betty M. favorited Springtime Origami Garland 29 May 17:44
- Crafterella featured Springtime Origami Garland 20 May 23:00
- Pam favorited Springtime Origami Garland 20 May 17:07
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Springtime Origami Garland 19 May 20:57
- C.J. M. added Springtime Origami Garland to Paper 19 May 19:01
- C.J. M. favorited Springtime Origami Garland 19 May 19:01
- Libby W. published her project Springtime Origami Garland 19 May 15:58
I haven't included a tutorial showing how to do the origami water bomb. I did try doing a video but it wasn't the greatest. There are much better ones already out there. I like this picture tutorial:
or you could try googling 'origami water bomb' for a video tutorial.
Carefully slide the wrapped floss from the card, keeping it taut.