Slave Leia costume <3
I made this costume for Comic-con 2009.
I had to fight my boyfriend to let me out in it but he let me yay.
it was allot of work and detail. more coming soon
for all the metal parts of her costume like the skirt please use the link given for full info on that part.
- Marci F. favorited Slave Leia 25 Dec 03:05
- Costuming Crusader commented on her project Slave Leia 02 Jul 02:55
- Hgosn1 added Slave Leia to Stuff 28 Mar 07:14
- kelley r. added Slave Leia to To-make list 17 Feb 16:04
- kelley r. favorited Slave Leia 17 Feb 16:03
- Annari D. favorited Slave Leia 01 Dec 08:37
- Southern Crafter added Slave Leia to Halloween 02 Nov 22:59
- Southern Crafter favorited Slave Leia 02 Nov 22:59
- Sandy J. favorited Slave Leia 20 Sep 07:46
- carlyanne favorited Slave Leia 24 Aug 03:12
You Will Need
Read This Before you work on the heat shaping of your skirt!
Make sure you are happy with the shape before you work any more on it. as you can see my back part is a bit too flat and it looks funny and bugs the hell out of me. also the hip parts will melt and fall apart fast under heat. it took me 5 times to get two hip rings i liked.
Finish using tutorial. after all your skirt parts are done you will set them aside in a safe fur free place. take the fabric you picked out for your skirt and cut it to the length you want (make sure your happy with how much it will be covering). take your skin tone elastic and wrap it around your hips two times give a little extra and cut. wrap elastic around you twice and pin where comfy then sew. you will need it around you twice so you can attach both sides of your hip rings to the elastic. then sew the fabric around the elastic and try on. then hem bottom parts. after that you want to sew your parts to the skirt. this was kinda hard because the cheesecloth was stiff but i go it on. you might want to try hot glue. same with your hip rings sew the top side to the top band of elastic and bottom to the bottom.