A great, silly use for all those old paperbacks.
Take 4 covers of paperbacks, I always use romances, and make a unique, functional wallet.
- cptnwolf added Romance Novel Wallet to Upcycle! 21 Oct 09:01
- Kay T. favorited Romance Novel Wallet 11 Nov 08:00
- PirateNarhwal favorited Romance Novel Wallet 21 Sep 03:19
- crystel.mcleod favorited Romance Novel Wallet 28 Aug 23:51
- Hannah F. favorited Romance Novel Wallet 21 Aug 02:04
- Alexandria H. favorited Romance Novel Wallet 08 Dec 23:30
- Kryssi Hollie favorited Romance Novel Wallet 04 Aug 03:59
- Len favorited Romance Novel Wallet 18 Jul 03:54
- kisa.carlson favorited Romance Novel Wallet 09 Jul 03:03
- Rebecca B. favorited Romance Novel Wallet 21 Jun 10:38
Trim the edges of the ribbon, and cut two pieces of ribbon the same length as the length of the rectangle and the two edges of ribbon. Tape these to the rectangle and laminate those edges. Trim the width of the rectangle(the part going across) so it is 7 1/2 in. wide.
This is the cover of the wallet.
Now it's time for the sewing.
Take the credit card rectangle and paper money rectangle. Place the ccr so the ugly side is against the pretty side of the pmr. Line up the bottom and sides and sew across the joining of the two small pictures on the ccr with a zigzag stitch. You NEED a denim needle, or some sort of heavy needle, because otherwise your needle will break or start malfunctioning. Believe me, I've tried it with a regular needle several times.
Now take the ugly side of this new piece you have created and lay it against the ugly side of the cover of the wallet. Line up the sides and bottom. Sew with zigzag stitch all around the edge of the cover of the wallet. You can try to use pins, but they tend to just bend. I would recommend simply holding it tightly while you sew.