different every time, makes great ornament or gift.
My Mum taught me to do this when I was a kid, then when a friend of mine said she had read about it we had a crazy candle day. excuse the cheesy photo it's the only one i had of it, but i had to put it up when i saw no one else had.
- Gözde favorited Random Wax Sculpture Candles 25 Jan 20:59
- Kelly Ann L. added Random Wax Sculpture Candles to candles 13 Dec 23:55
- Ambur R. favorited Random Wax Sculpture Candles 11 Nov 07:35
- Siana favorited Random Wax Sculpture Candles 14 Oct 05:57
- Madeleine favorited Random Wax Sculpture Candles 18 Sep 17:38
- Ada B. added Random Wax Sculpture Candles to Home Decor 14 Apr 12:28
- Sayape added Random Wax Sculpture Candles to Lightnings 12 Jan 11:53
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Random Wax Sculpture Candles 03 Jan 16:07
- BlauPiepmatz favorited Random Wax Sculpture Candles 29 Dec 01:28
- Francesca G. favorited Random Wax Sculpture Candles 27 Nov 23:19
boil a saucepan of water put large bowl over it to make a ban marrie to melt the wax in you'll need about a ladle full for each sculpture.
Whilst the wax melts fill a large bucket with cold water, I tend to put it on a chair nearby so I can get to it fast. Make sure you don't fill it to the top to avoid spillage whilst plunging.
take the plunge!
the faster the better.
those with low pain thresholds might want to wear rubber gloves.
i suggest holding the dish with just your thumbs on the rim and try and keep arms and hands out of the way of the wax.
be sure to keep it under the water for a little while to be sure any thicker areas of wax have set.
sometimes it's nice to add a second colour if its a bit of a weedy one or to just melt it down and do it again, but be sure it's completely dry before doing so.