This was made as a quick birthday gift. I used previously felted woolen sweaters and drew up a simple pattern to follow. Sewn by hand and embroidered with yarn to give detail. I used seed beads in the "v" of his tummy feathers to give a little shine. The eyes are wooden buttons sewn over a base of tweedy yarn coils, sewn in place by hand. Stuffed with poly fill to plump him up. All seams were over-sewn with brown wool yarn to reinforce. I made a flat base so he can sit up, but he is cute as a sofa pillow too.
- Rebecca M. favorited Owl Pillow 26 Jun 18:38
- TheSewingMaven favorited Owl Pillow 04 May 00:03
- Katrina C. favorited Owl Pillow 01 May 23:04
- Prairiecactus entered their project Owl Pillow to Vegan Cuts 13 Jul 02:33
- shayna.king.14 added Owl Pillow to Pillow 22 May 22:56
- shayna.king.14 favorited Owl Pillow 22 May 22:56
- Sara M. favorited Owl Pillow 14 May 05:00
- Cris Figue favorited Owl Pillow 27 Jan 21:43
- ellablue36 added Owl Pillow to Things I want to make 07 Sep 01:38
- safy.sanvido.9 favorited Owl Pillow 15 Aug 13:34
Prairiecactus posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!