DIY Sushi Pillow .. or cushion..
This was meant to be used in the car. On the back is a velcro strap that can be attached to the seat belt.
(I’ll be skipping this step in the tutorial )
You’ll need white terry fabric ( cuz it looks like rice ) , black crushed velvet ( for the seaweed part ) , and color felts ( the fillings). You also need polyester fillings to stuff up the pillow.
- mmotse03 favorited Sushi Pillow 04 Mar 00:12
- banu added Sushi Pillow to Inspiring Felt Ideas to Try 21 Mar 08:54
- banu favorited Sushi Pillow 21 Mar 08:54
- Cris Figue favorited Sushi Pillow 31 Jan 10:28
- Kendell V. favorited Sushi Pillow 27 Nov 03:42
- Hi It's Holly Here favorited Sushi Pillow 27 Sep 15:44
- Taylor B. added Sushi Pillow to To Do 12 Aug 20:00
- CreationKey favorited Sushi Pillow 06 Jun 22:26
- Maemi.Gojo added Sushi Pillow to Plushies 02 Jun 07:35
- Monice M. favorited Sushi Pillow 19 May 05:31
I use a cookie tin for the circle pattern. Place the cookie tin on the back side of the terry fabric, draw around with pencil, then cut 1 cm away from the line. For the black velvet, the length will be the circumference of the circle ( it is easier to measure around the cookie tin ) plus 2 cm allowance. The width is however thick you want your cushion to be ( mine is 8 cm ) plus 2 cm allowance. After you cut them out, sew zigzag stitches along the edges to prevent the fabrics from fraying.