so much fun to make
This was so much fun to make. I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby this morning.
The original tutorial is from The Giving Flower, and I loved Bella Dia's version.
I first laid out all the things I was going to put into the organizer: my wallet, pencil case, planner, pens, graphing calculator, cell, and mirrors. I spaced them out enough in order for them to have plenty of room. I cut the fabric (both pieces), which ended up being 2'9" x 1'.
I followed the directions for the interfacing and ironed a piece large enough to cover each piece and pinned them to be sewn.
I stitched the right sides together, leaving room to turn it inside out. Once finished, I top stitched around the whole thing. I folded over about 5 inches and sewed only the ends, leaving room to stitch my pockets. I measured each item to be put in the organizer and make the marks accordingly on the fabric. I sewed VERY straight lines to separate the pockets.
I put it into my purse and I LOVE IT. Everything used to be just in the bottom of my purse, now I can easily find what I need. :)
- Carol W. favorited Nifty Purse Organizer 30 Sep 18:32
- GG G. favorited Nifty Purse Organizer 03 Sep 22:03
- Dee D. added Nifty Purse Organizer to bags 04 Jun 18:01
- Becky C. favorited Nifty Purse Organizer 30 Oct 16:37
- lori.fortenberry.1 favorited Nifty Purse Organizer 25 Aug 02:22
- charlene.graham3 added Nifty Purse Organizer to Sewing 27 Dec 19:34
- Youghurt Jaja favorited Nifty Purse Organizer 08 Aug 00:53
kaludesign posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!