4 shirts - 2 dresses, 1 top, 1 skirt... and a how-to
This stuff piled up the last month in my closet. i thought i should wait till i finished all the projects i want to do to save project space :)
* a tubedress i made from a smokeblow-shirt, i bought at a concert of them, and a pain white mens tee. i just cut off the top of the shirt and made it fit my body a bit. than, i used the shaving cream painting tute on here to add the black sprinkles. i found a tutorial on youtube where a lady explained how to make this spirograph skirt, and attached it to my tubetop.
* a stripey halter dress with origami skirt out of a gogol bordello shirt (saw them live too, yeah!!!). originally it was a halterneck longtop but it wasn´t comfortable so i made a tube top out of the shirt and sewed on strips of white/black striped jersey as straps and attached an origami skirt at the bottom here´s the tute for the skirt: http://www.rostitchery.com/origami-skirt.html
* a skirt from a shirt my father bought me in amsterdam, i really like it because of its political statement. i always wanted a simple jersey skirt that i can wear everytime and everywhere.
* a neckholder ballon-y dress from a Turbo A.C.´s shirt. The top is made of red and white striped jersey. the hem is ruffled with elastic, it fits at the hips and has a loose fit at the waist.
I added a how-to for this. It´s really easy!!
- Cheshire x. favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 19 Oct 22:22
- AlterEgo Designs favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 07 Feb 23:38
- Kezia A. favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 03 Nov 15:25
- Teresa C. favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 26 Jul 23:39
- Amanda Wicked favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 30 May 05:58
- chelsie.kuskie added New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! to no sew 19 May 23:42
- twistedillusi0n favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 29 Jan 06:28
- Amanda M. favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 01 Jan 00:01
- cristinakilljoyway favorited New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! 22 Nov 15:32
- naya.x.black added New Reconstructed Shirt Clothes! to clothes 24 Sep 22:47
Originally, i made a pattern, but then my brain began to think and i remembered a neckholder top i own. So,in the bin with that pattern and grab your neckholder top.
lay the jersey on fold and place your top (folded in half lengthwise) on that fabric.
I pinned some needles to it and cut around with approx. 0.5cm seam allowance, you can make the top as long as you want.
For the back just mark where the top ends and draw two horizontal lines as top and bottom.
i cut the parts two times on fold, because i like it double layered and without visible seam allowances.
sew the side seams of the two tops.
if you have a shirt that fits in the length you can skip this part!
my shirt was too long, so i cut a bit at the bottom and had to sew a new tunne for the elastic.
I just fold in 2cm and topstitched with a twin needle from the right side. Ta-da, new tunnel.
now sew the side seams of the dress part.
attach the top to the bottom (right sides facing) and you´re done!!