a nifty alternative to a purse when you need your hands free (like for dancing!)
I based this design off a similar belt I liked on etsy, i would link to that page but they seem to have removed it! (just wanted to give credit for an awesome design!)
i salvaged a rough rawhide style shirt from value village for $5, which really kept the cost of this project down. I salvaged the buckle from an old belt and zippers from various old clothes. bought the grommets and rivets for cheap from a dollar store. i always try to keep my eyes peeled for ordinary stuff to reappropriate for projects. you would be surprised what some people call "junk"!
leather work is a new craft for me and this project was challenging but really fun! i learned the trick is to glue everything before you sew it, and loosen your thread tension. oh yeah, and use special leather needles, cuz normal ones will break or just ruin your leather.
- Ievars favorited Leather Utility Belt 02 Jan 21:02
- Marisa A. favorited Leather Utility Belt 13 Oct 22:27
- Denise D. favorited Leather Utility Belt 28 Mar 04:22
- Andy A. added Leather Utility Belt to To Wear 05 Feb 13:46
- Andy A. favorited Leather Utility Belt 29 Dec 11:09
- carlyanne added Leather Utility Belt to Tops 09 May 16:41
- rhiannonfaun favorited Leather Utility Belt 02 Dec 10:38
- B O. favorited Leather Utility Belt 16 Sep 15:15
- Sharudikat favorited Leather Utility Belt 05 Aug 19:57
- mary.gilman.13 added Leather Utility Belt to steampunk 26 Jul 21:37
bex a. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!