An adorable huggable little friend!
This little guy was made with a very simple hedgehog pattern that I created. I made his sides with a basic hedgehog shape and created a little belly for him using an oval shape.
He is made with warm 'n' natural quilt batting - one of my favorites for stuffies, because it holds its shape really well and it's so soft. Then I used a "mystery fabric" and created his back, which I sewed on by hand. You could easily make this with flannel for a soft, cuddly friend.
His eyes and nose are shank buttons from the bargain bin at Jo-Ann's.
You really wouldn't need a pattern for a stuffie like this, it's very very simple. Just cut 2 of a basic hedgehog shape, and fashion a belly out of an oval or almond shape so he will stand up. To put on the gray fabric, I just draped and pinned it, cutting where needed, so it would fit properly.
- hedgie_template.jpg 28.5 KB [ Download ]
- Annie G. favorited Hedgehog Softie 09 Aug 15:19
- Kim C. favorited Hedgehog Softie 06 Aug 04:23
- MysticRose29 added Hedgehog Softie to Plushies to Make 30 Mar 16:00
- MysticRose29 favorited Hedgehog Softie 30 Mar 15:53
- Amanda L. favorited Hedgehog Softie 17 Feb 16:29
- ~wolfsflower favorited Hedgehog Softie 15 Jan 21:00
- Rose S. replied to a comment on her project Hedgehog Softie 18 Nov 19:03
Rose S. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!