A giant body pillow buddy for snuggling!
I saw this pattern from Emily G on PW Style and took it to an all new level! I used fleece instead of felt, and chose a polka dotted print for the tentacles because I wanted them to look like suckers. I also placed the eyes onto the sides of the head because, well, that's where squid eyes are, and it's so freakin' cute!
It took me a day and a half to complete. I machine sewed most of it, and perfected the fins by hand, because the "sandwich" part was really difficult even with the machine. I also hand sewed the eyes on, because I was a dunce and forgot to sew them onto the head before I attached it to the body and stuffed it.
I'm SO happy with it! It is firm, soft and oh so snuggly warm.
The materials cost me 40 dollars from Joann's, and that was with a few coupons. So, it's not exactly cheap, but then again I didn't go with the absolute cheapest materials either, which you could do and get the same adorable product.
- janelle b. favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 13 Jan 07:33
- Key West Witch added Giant Squid Body Pillow to Crafts General 24 Mar 10:42
- Deb E. favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 02 Dec 23:49
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 20 Jul 20:46
- Janice M. favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 07 Jun 07:32
- sarcastic rainbow added Giant Squid Body Pillow to deco 30 Aug 23:49
- sarcastic rainbow favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 30 Aug 23:49
- Amalie added Giant Squid Body Pillow to Home 19 Feb 00:30
- GabriELLE favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 06 Nov 03:00
- e p. favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 02 Jul 22:59
ZanyDays posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!