Mexican Chili Stuffed Poblanos
Here is the ingredients to make your own adobo seasoning, although the Goya brand is good.
(makes 1/2 c.)
3 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. onion power
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
Combine all and mix well.
- Melissa Beth added Chili Stuffed Poblanos to Foodening 20 Jan 21:27
- Melissa Beth favorited Chili Stuffed Poblanos 10 Jan 05:37
- Sveta favorited Chili Stuffed Poblanos 19 Jan 07:07
- buttercup303 added Chili Stuffed Poblanos to foodies 07 Oct 09:23
- Shantelle t. added Chili Stuffed Poblanos to food!! 02 Oct 06:35
- Shantelle t. added Chili Stuffed Poblanos to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 06:33
- Susi S. added Chili Stuffed Poblanos to Chiliqueens 30 Sep 19:05
- Misato M. favorited Chili Stuffed Poblanos 19 Jun 12:37
Preheat broiler. Bring a stockpot of water to a boil. Cook grounf beef in large skillet to no longer pink. Drain.
While meat is cooking cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
Add pepper halves to boiling water and cook about 4 minutes or until bright green and slightly soft. Remove drain upside down on paper towels. Set aside.
Add beans tomatoes and adobo to meat. Cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes ot until slightly thickened.
Arrange peppers, cut side up in 13x9 inch pan. Spoon mixture evenlt among each pepper; top with grated cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Goes fantastic with an orange and jicama salad and rice. Serves 4.
Birdy loves raw peppers.