Make a personalized Barbie of yourself.
After seeing the gorgeous Tarina Tarintino Barbie, my friends and I decided we wanted Barbies of ourselves, so I decided to make myself one.
- Sherrilynne K. favorited Cat Barbie 22 Sep 17:00
- Angel C. favorited Cat Barbie 28 Jan 04:19
- Conner W. favorited Cat Barbie 13 Jul 20:47
- Crafterella added Cat Barbie to Tarina Tarantino 09 Jun 16:29
- CookieBird Lover added Cat Barbie to other 13 Jul 23:25
- CookieBird Lover favorited Cat Barbie 10 Jul 19:37
- CookieBird Lover commented on Cat Barbie 10 Jul 19:37
- Advitha K. favorited Cat Barbie 17 Apr 11:20
- kristy c. favorited Cat Barbie 20 Feb 04:05
- Ana M. favorited Cat Barbie 16 Jan 15:07
First of all, I gave my doll a hair cut. I wear my hair at a side parting, so to give the doll the same, I cut off a small amount of her hair, glued it in the center of her head, folded it down to the side and then added a little bit of glue just above her ear, to hold the hair in place.
I also cut her hair shorter and layered it a little - Barbie's have seriously long hair.
To get the correct colour, either use permanent marker pen or semi-permanent hair dye. If you're going to be dying your own hair, you can use a little bit of this to do your dolls hair too.
I made my doll my favorite kitty ear hoodie and star skirt - because I make a lot of my own clothes, I have lots of remnants to make Barbie some matching clothes.
I also made her a miniature version of my Blinging Name Choker, using the same instructions but on a much smaller scale.
I added little bindi crystals to the corner of her eyes because I love wearing bindis.