Some easy wire wrapping helps transform a plain jam jar!
This little craft will help keep all your little beach treasures safe and still on display! With some beads, wire and creativity you can give a glass jar a new life!
- Rachel W. added Beachy Treasure Jar to Beach Party 10 Apr 13:46
- Pam ^_^ entered her project Beachy Treasure Jar to Blueberry Cove Beads 15 May 04:58
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Beachy Treasure Jar 08 Aug 16:25
- Roaa A. added Beachy Treasure Jar to want to do 04 Feb 04:31
- Emily Z. favorited Beachy Treasure Jar 10 Jun 14:36
- AnnaMong favorited Beachy Treasure Jar 23 Apr 18:42
- deb.mathenia favorited Beachy Treasure Jar 22 Feb 06:32
- Tristahx favorited Beachy Treasure Jar 26 Nov 03:07
- madd::sunshine favorited Beachy Treasure Jar 11 Sep 15:39
- Cheyenne T. favorited Beachy Treasure Jar 24 Aug 08:39
For Step Two cut off a length of wire thats long but that you feel comfortable working with. You can always add some on later if you run out.
Wrap the wire around the base of the jar's neck just once and secure it to the other end of the wire.
Next loosly loop the wire up and around the wire you just wrapped around the base of the jar's neck to form a swag. Continue around the jar until you have a full layer of swags. You can add as many beads to your swag as you like!
Remember to vary the tightness of the swag because they dont all have to be perfect.
In Step Three do the same thing as in step two, except that instead of wrapping up and around the straight piece of wire at the top, you will wrap around the bottom of a swag from the first row. This will make your second row of swags.
Keep adding beads as you go and mix it up by making a few big swags and adding extra loops here and there.
You can keep repeating this step to make as many layers as you like.
(<-see picture)If you run out of wire along the way, don't worry! Just end it in style, with a few beads that dangle or just a few little loops. And add your next piece where your old one left off.
Step Five is all about finishing touches!
You can add a bow to your lid, or hot glue some shells to the top of it.
Then add your little treasures to the jar to keep them safe and secure, but still on display!
Or you can add some sand or chips of shells to the jar and top it off with a tealite candle and give it as a gift!
The Possibilities are Endless!