Rainbow yarn bombing to welcome spring
Saturday 2nd of Febriuary was Imbolc, celebration of Brigit, goddess of spring and making,a festival of new beginnings. So what better time to brush off the snowy cobwebs and cover a village in crocus coloured crochet. I used mainly crocheted granny squares with a few shapes of knitting and a few bits done by friends, then I decorated it with buttons and poms (half pompoms, great way to use up tiny scraps of wool.) I sewed the piece on but if you don't like to sew or want to be a bit more stealthy (it's technically illegal in many places but usually welcomed) you can use cable ties. You can see a little more about it at http://frocktopus.blogspot.co.uk
Happy yarn bombing.
- Eleanor favorited Yarnbombing 18 Feb 17:38
- Nicola H. favorited Yarnbombing 17 Feb 14:46
- hazelbontempi.frocktopusdow commented on her project Yarnbombing 12 Feb 09:15
- Maladignia commented on Yarnbombing 12 Feb 08:34
- Maladignia favorited Yarnbombing 12 Feb 08:33
- viv.ryder.3 favorited Yarnbombing 11 Feb 08:36
- Mary K. favorited Yarnbombing 11 Feb 06:21
- hazelbontempi.frocktopusdow published her project Yarnbombing 17 Feb 13:45
Frocktopus posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!