Painting the Roses Red
Another one of my late night etsy.com finds that I just had to make :)
These are the Knights of Wonderlands Card Guard!
“Would you tell me,” said Alice, a little timidly, “why you are painting those roses?”
Five and Seven said nothing, but looked at Two. Two began in a low voice, “Why the fact is, you see, Miss, this here ought to have been a red rose-tree, and we put a white one in by mistake; and if the Queen was to find it out, we should all have our heads cut off, you know."
- Barbara M. favorited Wonderland Card Gaurd 20 Dec 19:43
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Wonderland Card Gaurd 13 Jan 03:54
- Cheryl added Wonderland Card Gaurd to Alice In Wonderland Tea Party 22 Oct 18:49
- Chudames favorited Wonderland Card Gaurd 20 Apr 20:38
- Jessy added Wonderland Card Gaurd to Alice 04 Feb 12:58
- Emma H. favorited Wonderland Card Gaurd 20 Dec 16:16
- sian.emilyy favorited Wonderland Card Gaurd 25 Aug 22:05
- dippydiscoball added Wonderland Card Gaurd to maybe one day 16 Aug 20:29
- rosa r. favorited Wonderland Card Gaurd 12 Aug 18:45
- Metafright K. favorited Wonderland Card Gaurd 04 Jan 18:32
Ok here is what you're going to need to make ONE Knight.
*2 Playing Cards
*Red OR Black Felt (match your felt color to your playing card color)
*Red OR Black Emboidery Thread
*Sewing Machine (or hot glue)
*Cut out your felt pieces using this pattern as a general referance.
*You will need
2 tear drop pieces from White Felt, this will be your front and back of the face.
1 oval shaped piece from Colored Felt, for the nose.
4 Hand/Feet shapes from Colored Felt
As a guideline for cutting out the face part. You want the widest part of the tear drop shape to be equal to HALF the width of your playing card.
Now get your playing cards and face them front to back, so one side is showing the numbers and one side is showing the decorative back.
Then using your seing machine start at the top center of your cards and sew close to the edge.
Sew only a few stitches then place your first hand in the corner, sandwiched between the cards. Slowly sew over it and down the side. The place your two feet pieces and slowly sew over them. Repeat for the last hand also.