Why have a boring windbreak when you can have this decorative design to add a glamorous feel to a day on the beach.
- amyistheparty added Windbreak to glamping 18 Apr 21:49
- Emily M. favorited Windbreak 23 Mar 09:00
- Pimke added Windbreak to Praktisch 12 Feb 17:07
- catarina n. favorited Windbreak 28 Jul 00:26
- PottyPendleton commented on Windbreak 05 Jul 19:48
- Carla B. favorited Windbreak 16 Jun 19:35
- Alissa B. favorited Windbreak 16 Jun 03:06
- ilse e. favorited Windbreak 14 Jun 17:39
- Hester A. favorited Windbreak 11 Jun 11:43
- Jamie C. favorited Windbreak 10 Jun 22:40
You Will Need
Fold the top and bottom edges of the main fabric
over twice to make a double hem and stitch in
place. Fold over the ends once by 1/4 in. (5 mm)
and stitch in place.
Fold each side of the main fabric under by 2 in.
(5 cm), or to fit the wooden posts, and pin in
place. Machine stitch down to make a channel for the
post. Measure 20 in. (50 cm) in from each end and
make a 2 in. (5 cm) pleat in the fabric (or a pleat
to fit the wooden post). Pin and machine stitch to
make the two channels for the remaining posts.
Fix Bondaweb onto the back of the fabric pieces
for the applique, following the manufacturer’s
instructions. Cut three different pieces of fabric for the beach huts, three different pieces of fabric for the doors,
and three triangles in different fabrics for the
roofs. Peel away the paper backing on each piece
ready to add the beach hut design to the windbreak.