Decoupage and assemblage
We cannot escape the past. Everything we touch and see is from the past. Our present is so fleeting that it has left us before we have even become aware of it. The question of who owns the past is misleading, for the past owns us. All we can do is create and imagine based upon what it gives us.
For this project, I chose to put together an assemblage art piece composed primarily of found items. I decoupaged an old spice rack with a variety of images, from alchemical symbols to palmistry diagrams to paintings and photographs. I added ribbon and aged its appearance with ink. I incorporated a collection of old bottles that I hand-coloured, giving them a more historical appearance than they'd had initially. An engraved drinking horn, a collection of handmade rose beads, a stone goblet, a turkey vulture feather, a ceramic incense burner, and a collection of papercraft and woven boxes rest atop tapestry-style fabric. I intend for the collection to look like artefacts and moments out of time which hide secrets.
- ShanMonster entered her project Who Owns The Past? to Singer Christmas Contest 16 Nov 13:16
- ShanMonster replied to a comment on her project Who Owns The Past? 03 Nov 18:17
- Spookachtige commented on Who Owns The Past? 22 May 14:14
- Spookachtige favorited Who Owns The Past? 22 May 14:11
- Ravens Trove favorited Who Owns The Past? 19 Aug 16:14
- ShanMonster entered her project Who Owns The Past? to Darby Smart 11 Aug 21:51
- ShanMonster entered her project Who Owns The Past? to Crop-A-Dile 11 Aug 21:48
ShanMonster posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!