Yummy taste of sunshine with a dash of cinnamon!
I took a traditional Lemon Bar recipe and tweaked it around enough to make it a new recipe! This new version uses REAL lemon, margarine, cinnamon, less sugar, and egg substitute.
YEAH, for vegan sweets that won't make you fat!
tip:If you like alot of filling double the lemon mixture.
- Melissa Beth commented on "Vegan" Lemon Bars 16 Nov 05:27
- Melissa Beth added "Vegan" Lemon Bars to Foodening 14 Nov 11:06
- Sunnie favorited "Vegan" Lemon Bars 17 Feb 19:01
- Jenn M. favorited "Vegan" Lemon Bars 23 Jan 20:22
- KelliDroze added "Vegan" Lemon Bars to Sweet 09 Mar 22:55
- Kaiulani W. favorited "Vegan" Lemon Bars 15 Jan 02:12
- Felecity W. entered her project "Vegan" Lemon Bars to Nostalgia Electrics Contest 28 Dec 04:32
- Felecity W. entered her project "Vegan" Lemon Bars to The Deli Garage 05 Jul 18:04
- Felecity W. entered her project "Vegan" Lemon Bars to Pop Bakery 15 Aug 21:32
First gather your ingredients:
1 cup & 3 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 egg & 1 egg white (or alternative)
1 LARGE lemon
1/8 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
Now for the lemony goodness!
Whisk your egg alternative (1 egg & 1 egg white) with the remaining sugar, add the juice of a lemon and lemon zest if you like it tangy. Add baking powder and the remaining flour.
tip: Roll the lemon on a hard surface to break up the juice. Use a spoon to press the juice out. Strain the juice as you add it to the mix to catch the seeds. :)