Sesamestreet meets Military
This Coat was a project in my patternmaking course at university. We did a pattern for coats and sleeve attachments (don´t know if that´s the right expression in english).
We don´t do much thinks in my size normally so i thought it´s time for a ridiculous crazy military-like coat just for me! My teacher said it would look like the count from sesamestreet when it was finished, because of the shapes and colors, splendid i thought and named the coat after the Count :)
Description please? Here it is:
raglan sleeves that are covered with some kind of scales at the shoulder, big lapels at the seam
ruffles at the back and upper front
pleats at the lower front
the lower part of the coat is assymmetric
the whole coat is departed at the waist by a rolling belt (which is inserted between upper and lower front)
concealed button panel
small stand-up collar
shell fabric is black wool
lining is purple polyester
double piped pockets with wing-like flap
at the back there´s a lapel like trenchcoats have but mine is shaped like a bat
I bought the fabrics for 10 euros per metre (the wool) and 2 euros per metre (lining), buttons were 1 euro each, ta-da - a selfmade, unique coat for approx. 30€!!!
The whole pattern and sewing i made by myself!
- Jami H. favorited The Count Customized Coat 12 Nov 12:13
- Crochet S. favorited The Count Customized Coat 31 Oct 04:39
- Eva.Sugai favorited The Count Customized Coat 24 Mar 03:26
- ermy7 added The Count Customized Coat to to try 28 Sep 04:12
- ermy7 favorited The Count Customized Coat 28 Sep 04:11
- kris p. favorited The Count Customized Coat 30 Jul 02:02
- almosthope favorited The Count Customized Coat 07 Jul 18:35
So posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!