Soft, gooey, easy chocolate chip bars made without butter!
These no-butter chocolate chip bars are the most gooey, rich, dense, soft, chewy, cookie-dough like chocolate chip bars you ever will encounter. Plus, they can be made in 5 minutes!
- SilverSnake S. favorited The Best No Butter Chocolate Chip Bars 07 Jun 21:46
- AlterEgo Designs added The Best No Butter Chocolate Chip Bars to recipes 31 Mar 01:57
- wondertide favorited The Best No Butter Chocolate Chip Bars 22 Feb 00:06
- Brooke N. favorited The Best No Butter Chocolate Chip Bars 07 Feb 19:46
- Barbara M. favorited The Best No Butter Chocolate Chip Bars 04 Feb 22:44
- Truffles and Trends published her project The Best No Butter Chocolate Chip Bars 01 Feb 09:00
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
Stir together the sugars and oil in a bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
Mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt right over the mixture and stir into wet ingredients till just combined. Stir in chopped chocolate.
Spread dough into pan evenly (use hands to spread it to edges and flatten), and sprinkle a few more chunks of chocolate on top if desired.
Bake 20-22 minutes, until the top is slightly golden and the center is set (toothpick inserted can have a few gooey crumbs on it). The bars will be very gooey and will seem kind of raw. That's perfect! However, if you like crispier bars, bake them a few minutes longer.
Cool a while, then slice into bars/sticks.