T'anta Wawas or bread babies
I've been working on a baking/craft project for snippets day of the dead issue. I decided to make T'anta Wawas or bread babies.
T'antas Wawas are an Andean day of the dead baking tradition. it's quite similar to Pan de Muerto, but formed in the shape of children. many of these breads have plaster masks baked into them. For the masks I used a flour based baking clay recipe. click on this link and follow baking clay #2 recipe. Below I will show step by step examples of my mask making process.
- Angel C. favorited T'anta Wawas Babyface 01 Oct 16:34
- bemeself favorited T'anta Wawas Babyface 14 Dec 20:24
- Susi S. added T'anta Wawas Babyface to Chiliqueens 30 Sep 20:17
- Susi S. favorited T'anta Wawas Babyface 30 Sep 20:17
- anita.n.g added T'anta Wawas Babyface to To do... 15 Feb 23:36
How durable are they?