How to make sparkly mod cookie pops
My sparkly mod cookie pops from were a bit of a hit, so I've brought them back. I used the same exact instructions HERE, but used only a swirl design on a basic sugar cookie (not chocolate). They are a slightly smaller circle, too, which is perfect for my 2-year old... she can hold and eat the entire cookie without dropping a bit.
If you look closely, these cookies also appear in the background of my soon-to-be-published peek inside my kitchen (updates on that to come).
Wasn't quite sure what to name these. And they are chocolate, too. But "sparkly mod chocolate cookie pops" was one too far.
*Find most of the above in the baking aisle of your craft store. You can also find concentrated paste food coloring there, which work well, but I prefer Americolor soft gel pastes (harder to find, but click the link for tips on where to buy, also available from amazon.com). I used the following 4 colors: Electric Pink, Electric Green, Orange and White. You'll need one bag, coupler, tip and rubber band for each color you use.
- Aishwarya Purohit favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 21 Dec 07:45
- CraftyCat added Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops to Cooking 17 Jun 18:05
- Flo Di favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 14 Mar 03:59
- Tasha L. favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 22 Feb 17:08
- Jessica A. favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 25 Aug 19:25
- Millie H. added Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops to Dessert 26 Mar 00:30
- Charlotte H. favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 12 Mar 17:13
- elarablair favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 23 Feb 18:15
- Naomi D. favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 27 Nov 17:07
- GingerNinja favorited Swirly Sparkly Cookie Pops 14 Oct 07:50
bake your cookies
Prepare and chill dough according to recipe. Roll out dough somewhat thick to accommodate sticks (about 1/4"). Cut out circle, place on parchment paper-lined baking tray and insert lollipop stick about half way into cookie, making sure it fits securely (if cookie is too thin, re-roll). Fill tray, making sure none of the sticks touch each other or other cookies. Bake according to recipe and let cool completely.
prepare your frosting
Prepare frosting, divide among the colors you choose and tint using your colors. Prepare frosting bags using a couplers and size "4" or "5" tips. Fill with each color and close tightly with a rubber band. TIP: use any colors you like, but I used White frosting for the non-sparkly parts, which I think worked well to contrast. (You must use "White" coloring to make white, you can't use the bare frosting.)