Stretching the Imagination
I was surfing the net, looking for colored elastic, when I came across these bookmarks from Levenger. I just love them, I have never seen bookmarks like them, and I immediately wanted them. Alas! They cost $6.00 each!!
Well, I decided to take a shot making my own. I really felt like they were a simple enough concept.
These are two that I made. I think they are beautiful and, at a cost of about $.25 each, much more economical.
- Mythiko Ino favorited Stretchy Bookmarks 11 Jan 22:03
- Sarah Y. favorited Stretchy Bookmarks 10 Jul 01:35
- Inez F. favorited Stretchy Bookmarks 16 Feb 01:10
- Carli V. added Stretchy Bookmarks to diy-book related 20 Jun 03:07
- Carli V. favorited Stretchy Bookmarks 20 Jun 03:07
- Ana favorited Stretchy Bookmarks 16 Jun 23:00
- Sammy B. added Stretchy Bookmarks to Want to Do!! 27 Mar 23:43
- Heather H. favorited Stretchy Bookmarks 02 Oct 22:59
- Twiinii favorited Stretchy Bookmarks 08 Jul 20:20
- Abnormal Abby added Stretchy Bookmarks to Other 11 Jun 17:15
You can pretty much tell from the picture what I did. Just cut a slot in top of bookmark wide enough for width of elastic. Use marker to color outside edge of board. Decoupage paper to board, trim slot. When dry, slip elastic through the slot and glue ends together to form loop. Wait for adhesive to completely dry before attempting to use your bookmark.
If you want your elastic to be a different color, just dye it. The only dye I had around was soap dye, I used it and it worked just fine.