Bake some Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes with Cuckoo's Bakery, Edinburgh
- Emma H. favorited Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes 27 Feb 21:42
- Asherah Arts (formerly Lee Rose) added Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes to recipes 11 Aug 17:45
- JJ W. favorited Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes 10 Aug 10:23
- Sal M. added Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes to Food 14 Jul 16:23
- SassyGinger_24 added Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes to Pastry 14 Jul 14:07
- SassyGinger_24 favorited Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes 14 Jul 14:07
- Abbey B. favorited Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes 14 Jul 07:42
- A Bite To Eat published her project Sticky Toffee Pudding Cupcakes 14 Jul 06:00
You Will Need
For the butterscotch sauce:
Place all the ingredients in to a saucepan and, over a medium heat, stir until combined and boiling. Place to the side to cool.
For the sponge:
Cream butter and sugar until soft and pale with a hand held mixer for around 2 minutes.
Add the beaten egg a little at a time until combined, then add the golden syrup and treacle and continue to blend until smooth.
Next, sift flour and baking powder on top of the mixture and beat, at low speed, for one minute or until combined.
Finally, blend the pitted dates and boiling water in a food processor for 2 minutes until smooth. Stir the bicarbonate of soda in to the date mixture. Add the mixture to the cake batter and blend together with a metal spoon until combined.
Divide the batter between 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tin and bake in a fan oven at 180C for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool down.
Once the cakes have cooled, use an apple corer to remove the centre of the sponge and fill each cupcake with the cooled butterscotch sauce.
For the buttercream:
Cream the butter, at a medium speed, preferably with a hand mixer or food mixer until soft and pale – around 2 to 3 minutes.
Sift the icing sugar on top of the mixture and blend on a medium speed on your mixer for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl, add the vanilla extract and continue to blend for one more minute.
Use a palette knife or piping bag, frost each cooled cupcake with vanilla buttercream.
Decorate the cupcakes by drizzling with butterscotch sauce and enjoy!