shrug shrug :)
don´t know what exactly i should call this style, i was inspired by the ancient, dusted look of steampunk and glossy functional fabrics from biker clothing. i have a slightly moderate steampunk and biker fashion addiction...
and i don´t like sweatshirts because of the long sleeves which you can´t take off if it gets too warm, so i have an army of shrugs at home in several varieties and wear shirts or tops underneath. when i was playing around with a sweatshirt pattern i came up with lots of shrug designs. a few i have already made (the rockabilly shrug in my jumpsuit post, a beetlejuice-ified version for a swap, some i gave away). this one is made of black jersey, tea-dyed (by myself) cotton jersey and black rib-knit.
i parted the sleeves in three sections: the upper section is black jersey and has pleats to create a puff sleeve, the lower section is cream cotton jersey with unfinished hem, the intermediate strip is black rib-knit.
my normal shrugs are open at the front, so i decided to have a front panel this time, framed with cream jersey.
i attached a band made of rib-knit all way round, so it creates a stand-up collar at the neck.
the two jerseys weren´t expensive, the knit was a donation from my teacher, so all in all a cheap project!
- VillainousNinja added Steamy Biker Shrug to Goth/Punk 22 Aug 01:43
- VillainousNinja added Steamy Biker Shrug to Make plz 25 Jun 22:08
- Salome B. favorited Steamy Biker Shrug 22 Sep 08:52
- FrankieStein favorited Steamy Biker Shrug 28 Oct 19:24
- Modern Myth Angel favorited Steamy Biker Shrug 13 Oct 18:18
- Zombie Babe added Steamy Biker Shrug to new wardrobe 29 Sep 09:01
- sarah a. favorited Steamy Biker Shrug 09 Sep 20:23
- LynnieAttackedByWeather favorited Steamy Biker Shrug 04 Sep 19:28
- Miriam S. favorited Steamy Biker Shrug 07 Jul 23:44
- Kaiulani W. favorited Steamy Biker Shrug 15 Jan 02:08
So posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!