A smoky tasty mac n cheese!
Everyone loves Mac N Cheese, so I was a little surprised when Tom told me he wasn't a fan. Desperate to change his mind, I decided to cook up the most delicious version he'd ever tasted and this was the recipe I created. Try experimenting with different cheeses to come up with a recipe you love - our favourite so far is caramelised onion cheddar.
- Jasinta M. added Smoky Mac N Cheese to Veggie 18 Jun 18:23
- tom./ favorited Smoky Mac N Cheese 17 Jun 13:23
- nigella l. commented on Smoky Mac N Cheese 18 May 16:19
- erica.james.372 favorited Smoky Mac N Cheese 05 May 22:30
- Penny F. added Smoky Mac N Cheese to Pastas 04 May 23:40
- vermilia c. favorited Smoky Mac N Cheese 04 May 15:22
- Flo Di favorited Smoky Mac N Cheese 28 Apr 23:15
- x_niccadee added Smoky Mac N Cheese to make this 27 Apr 05:03
- TK Rainy favorited Smoky Mac N Cheese 27 Apr 00:37
- Cat Morley published her project Smoky Mac N Cheese 26 Apr 22:43
Preheat your oven to 200'C and cook the macaroni in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes and strain.
Meanwhile, blend the bread into breadcrumbs and sprinkle out on a baking sheet with the rosemary and chopped hazelnuts. Toast in the hot oven for 5 minutes until golden and place to the side.
Melt the butter, stir in the plain flour and whisk in the milk. Cook for a few minutes until the mixture turns into a thick sauce. Stir in the worcester sauce and a few teaspoons of chipotle hot sauce, depending on how spicy you'd like it.
Stir in the mozzarella and 100g of cheddar until it melts in the sauce. Stir in the macaroni until it's coated with the sauce.
Divide the mac n cheese between four ramekins and coat the tops with a thin layer of BBQ sauce. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top and top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Place under the grill in the hot oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melts and serve hot!