A cute springy skirt made from the sleeves of two old men's button-downs.
I was amazed at how easy this was to make - I finished it quickly in one evening! It's also extremely simple to get a perfect fit, so it's very customizable. Since the joined cuffs make the waistband, I sewed all the plackets shut except for one so they'd lie flat. The single open placket makes the skirt easy to put on and take off! Also, all it takes are the sleeves, so you've got the rest of the shirts to do other stuff with!
Ah, I'm in love.
(SO many thanks to Threadbanger for the inspiration:
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Sleeve Skirt 25 Jul 01:35
- Jasmin F. favorited Sleeve Skirt 08 Aug 12:33
- Julia V. added Sleeve Skirt to Sewing 13 Feb 23:38
- MalinSofie favorited Sleeve Skirt 22 Apr 07:44
- Ievars favorited Sleeve Skirt 23 Jan 21:28
- dollpies favorited Sleeve Skirt 19 Dec 17:58
- Kyla N. favorited Sleeve Skirt 14 Sep 13:12
- Romana S. favorited Sleeve Skirt 13 Sep 05:44
Erin O. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!