Jamie's Food Tube: The BBQ Book
*(ask your fishmonger to prep and clean the scallops for you. You’ll be cooking them in their shells so make sure you ask for these too)
- Rachel W. added Scallops With Chilli Garlic Butter to Beach Party 17 Apr 15:49
- pink favorited Scallops With Chilli Garlic Butter 01 Sep 04:52
- hannah g. favorited Scallops With Chilli Garlic Butter 30 Aug 06:52
- Zombie Babe favorited Scallops With Chilli Garlic Butter 24 Aug 05:48
- Penguin published his project Scallops With Chilli Garlic Butter 11 Jul 12:46
Spread hot coals over the base of your barbecue in a flat and even
layer – the scallops are going to be cooked directly on the coals,
so it doesn’t matter what barbecue technique you use here.
Start by making the chilli garlic butter, which you can do on the
barbecue or over a medium heat on the hob – basically the longer
those flavours get to hang out together, the better. Place the oil
and butter in a pan to melt. Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic and
chilli (keep the seeds in if you like the heat), then add to the pan
with the black pepper. Give it a good stir, let all the ingredients
party, then set aside.
Place the shells with the scallops inside them on a platter, then
add a dash of white wine to each one. Using tongs, place each shell directly on the grey coals, carefully positioning them so they can’t tip over. Cover with the lid like an outdoor oven and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through, turning the scallops halfway
with tongs. Carefully remove the shells to a serving platter and
drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the melted chilli garlic butter over
each golden scallop. Roughly chop and scatter over the parsley
leaves then serve right away.