An impressive bake to look at and eat, yet, really easy to make.
Did you know Polenta cakes did not originate in Italy? Even though polenta is such a classic ingredient in their cuisine, this type of cake originates elsewhere. Still, we should be thanking the Italians for such a rich ingredient.
This cake is a match made in heaven, the tanginess of the raspberry combines exquisitely with the earthiness of the polenta, resulting in a sweet and floral sponge of dreams. And, if you are looking for a real treat, top it with some white chocolate for that final touch of indulgence.
It's the perfect pair for a cuppa and will definitely leave those who try it asking for the recipe.
- SilverSnake S. favorited Raspberry Polenta Cake 30 Sep 21:45
- scarletshackles favorited Raspberry Polenta Cake 21 Sep 14:37
- C.J. M. added Raspberry Polenta Cake to Glorious Food! 22 Aug 12:09
- C.J. M. favorited Raspberry Polenta Cake 22 Aug 12:09
- Crafterella featured Raspberry Polenta Cake 18 Aug 23:00
- Stéphanie Bugosen published her project Raspberry Polenta Cake 17 Aug 09:00
You Will Need
Preheat your oven at 350F.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl; flour, polenta and salt, reserve.
In a large bowl whisk together butter, sugar, zest and juice of the lemon until creamy. Add eggs one at a time.
Once fully combined, add the dry mixture in three parts. Finally incorporate raspberries mixing very gently.
Transfer onto a greased baking tin and bake for 1 hour at 350F, our until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely* before serving.
* If using the white chocolate: wait until the cake is completely cool, melt the chocolate and spread it evenly on top of the cake. Top with some extra raspberries for that pop of colour.