Lovely, quick quilted coasters!
This project sprung from my love of paisley and scrap fabric!
- Ellen R. favorited Quick And Easy Coasters 07 Aug 17:43
- Miss_Fit favorited Quick And Easy Coasters 08 Jul 13:40
- Yadira V. added Quick And Easy Coasters to Lovely 19 Nov 02:56
- Yadira V. favorited Quick And Easy Coasters 19 Nov 02:56
- kah728 added Quick And Easy Coasters to Sewing 08 Oct 05:25
- kah728 favorited Quick And Easy Coasters 08 Oct 05:25
- silentband favorited Quick And Easy Coasters 25 Jul 01:33
- dittosworld favorited Quick And Easy Coasters 25 Jun 07:08
- Miss_Fit added Quick And Easy Coasters to Next Steps 25 May 20:38
- madd::sunshine favorited Quick And Easy Coasters 28 Apr 19:49
Cut 8 squares from interesting fabric
Pin 4 of the squares onto the filling ( the felt/think fabric)and cut out.
(I cut 8 squares for 4 coasters due to the coasters being double-sided)
(I used some felt I found laying about to pad the coaster out... but you could use any old thick fabric)
I then sandwiched the padding fabric by pinning the interesting fabric on the top and bottom.
You want to pin with good sides facing out at you.
Make sure all of the sides and corners are lined up.
With the zig-zag stitch securing the 'sandwich' of fabric, I continued to 'quilt' the coasters.
To created the 'quilted' look I sewed in graduating squares; getting smaller the further centred they are and finished with an X sewed in middle.
You could 'quilt' and sort of pattern, for example;
* Diagonal lines
* Continuous line spiralling inwards
* Lots of small 'X's