this thanksgiving i made pumpkin empanadas for my daughter. she loved em.
makes 32 little empanadas
(*note* these are flaky not bread-like)
- Angel C. favorited Pumpkin Empanadas 28 Jan 04:49
- Shantelle t. added Pumpkin Empanadas to food!! 08 Dec 16:30
- rhonda.fox.31 favorited Pumpkin Empanadas 10 Nov 06:42
- Rikki L. favorited Pumpkin Empanadas 07 Oct 13:27
- lee t. favorited Pumpkin Empanadas 27 Jan 03:22
- Beanchan favorited Pumpkin Empanadas 02 Oct 19:50
Set oven to 350*F
Make the dough by combining:
*1/4 cup sugar
*1 tsp salt
*2 packages yeast(mainly for flavor the dough doesn't really rise)
*1/8 tsp baking powder
*1/4 tsp cloves
*1/3 cup water
then blend in 1&1/2 cups ap flour
mix in 3/4 cup shortening(dough will be really moist and sticky so don't panic lol)
add in another 1&1/2 cups ap flour
mix filling by stirring together
*1 15 oz can pumpkin
*1/2 cup sugar
*1/4 tsp ground cloves
*1/4 tsp ground ginger
*1/4 tsp cinnamon
keep dividing dough in half until you get 32 mini doughballs.
flatten a doughball between hands and then roll out a circle about 1/8in thick
place about a 1/2 tsp of filling off center and fold over.
pinch around filling to close, then use a glass to cut a half circle shape.
repeat until all doughballs have been used
place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 min but watch carefully, they like to burn.