This is a great recipe if you either don’t have an oven or simply just enjoy delicious food.
It’s more of a terrine than a cake, and it’s basically just a ￼matter of melting and combining all the ingredients and setting it in the fridge. It will become quite hard once it’s chilled, so when you turn it out to serve, get a big knife and run some hot water over it to make cutting it easier.
preparation time 30 minutes plus 3 hours chilling // cooking time 5 minutes
© 2018 Callum Hann / Murdoch Books · Reproduced with permission. · Recipe and image taken from The Starter Kitchen by Callum Hann (£9.99), published by Murdoch Books.
- Devious_Insightful_Pixie favorited No Bake ???Chocolate Cake 05 May 05:15
- Lihi B. favorited No Bake ???Chocolate Cake 02 May 20:14
- HylianWriter534 added No Bake ???Chocolate Cake to Make Later 08 Mar 21:14
- Jolanda added No Bake ???Chocolate Cake to Recepten 03 Mar 19:51
- LaLiLuLiny added No Bake ???Chocolate Cake to Rezepte 02 Mar 21:27
- Eva D. favorited No Bake ???Chocolate Cake 19 Feb 20:01
- HylianWriter534 favorited No Bake ???Chocolate Cake 15 Feb 01:31
- Elin H. favorited No Bake ???Chocolate Cake 10 Feb 21:59
- romina favorited No Bake ???Chocolate Cake 27 Jan 13:18
- jessica.boulanger.10 added No Bake ???Chocolate Cake to foods 26 Jan 00:05
You Will Need
Grease and line a 20 cm x 8 cm (8 x 3W inch) loaf (bar) tin or terrine mould with baking paper.
Combine the chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a heatproof bowl. Fill a saucepan that the bowl will fit over one-third full of water and bring to the boil. Place the bowl over the saucepan and melt the ingredients together, stirring occasionally.
Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and tap lightly with a rolling pin or other heavy object until roughly broken.
In a large bowl, combine the crushed biscuits with the pistachios, almonds and figs. Pour over the hot chocolate mixture and mix well. Transfer the mixture into the tin, pushing it down to remove any air bubbles, and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
Whisk the cream and crème fraîche together until soft peaks form. Turn out the cake, and cut into slices. Serve with a dollop of the cream mixture and some extra pistachios.