Saquitos de Setas con Melaza y Salsa Brava
Ready-to-use brik pastry or spring roll wrappers are available to buy and have many uses. It is best to provide a spoon when serving this pincho so the sauce can be fully enjoyed.
© 2021 Gonzalo Baró / Grub Street Publishing · Reproduced with permission. · Vegan Recipes from Spain By Gonzalo Baró Published by Grub Street
- CraftyCat added Mushroom And Treacle Parcels With Spicy Tomato Sauce to Cooking 29 Nov 07:12
- CraftyCat favorited Mushroom And Treacle Parcels With Spicy Tomato Sauce 29 Nov 07:12
- Crafterella featured Mushroom And Treacle Parcels With Spicy Tomato Sauce 11 Nov 23:00
- hannah g. favorited Mushroom And Treacle Parcels With Spicy Tomato Sauce 10 Nov 14:54
- Grub Street Publishing published her project Mushroom And Treacle Parcels With Spicy Tomato Sauce 07 Nov 09:00
You Will Need
Make the sauce first. Peel and finely chop the onion. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan and sweat the onion over a low heat until translucent. Add the chopped tomato and paprika and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 12 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and sugar. Strain the sauce through a sieve and set aside.
For the parcels: finely chop the mushrooms. Peel and finely chop the onion, then sweat in a frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent. Add the mushrooms and fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes.
Lightly season with salt and pepper and stir in the treacle, then leave to cool.
Put a scant tablespoon of the fried mushrooms on each pastry sheet. Then bring the diagonally opposing corners of the sheet together, lightly twist, then tie closed with cooking string.
Arrange the parcels on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and cook in the oven, pre-heated to 200°C/400°F/gas 6, for about 10 minutes, until light golden.
Just before serving, remove the string and carefully tie each parcel with a chive leaf.
Warm the sauce through, then serve each parcel with half a teaspoon of sauce.