for the love of things mini
When i was in Paris last spring, i became enamoured with the miniature replicas of the Paris Opera House and the it's stage sets at the Musee d'Orsay. i originally wanted to make a photo frame from this, but decided a little art piece would be fun too!
- LilMissSTFU favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 15 Jan 17:36
- Sveta favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 24 Jul 05:49
- Stormy E. favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 08 Apr 16:11
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 17 Nov 18:05
- Angel C. favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 16 Feb 15:27
- Spookachtige commented on Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 12 Jun 13:04
- Spookachtige favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 12 Jun 13:04
- gothicguppy favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 03 Apr 17:12
- e.b favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 30 Jan 07:41
- WerewolfCas favorited Miniature Cigarette Box Theatre 28 Aug 10:09
open box and remove foil, excess cardboard, and cello setting aside for later. cut a window using the box cutter. make two small cuts at the bottom and fold down towards the inside of the box to make a "stage"
take a piece of the foil cut it to fit the window. accordian fold it and cut it down the middle, leaving a few milimeters attached at the top. you can now pinch the sides closed and fan out the rest of it to fit. glue the sides to the inside sides of the box.
embellish your theatre! (i went for an art deco kind of theme, but now i see endless possiblilites!)
glue seed beads on the stage as "footlights" and make some sort of flourish for the top. (feathers or bottlecaps would be neato)
take another piece of foil and cut it to fit the inside front of the lid. this will be your "swag"
cut the bottom into a round shape and pinch it to look like it is draped. now glue it to the inside of the lid. carefully slide the cello back on. (the drape will hang overtop of the cello)
glue four beads/pennies/whatever is lying around onto the four bottom corners of the box to raise it up.
cut a photo to fit, or make a small scene and slide it inside. for the photo, i used a block i made from several layers of sticky back foam to prop the photo and mini chair up from the back.
take some cello tape and tape the lid down on the two sides.
now you can put on mini productions of macbeth or something...
i used to make whole doll house by taping them together them cover them with wrapping paper,
i would make the doll's funitre too with them,
wow i didnt relieze i was a a lil DIYer lol,
but my doll them always smelled like tobacco.
Thanks for sharing.