Martha Stewart's Cakes
- Chuckee added Maple Cake to Recetas/Recipes 07 Aug 02:28
- Kimya J. favorited Maple Cake 15 Jun 21:53
- Kitsuné favorited Maple Cake 30 Sep 10:35
- Andrea K. added Maple Cake to Yummy 18 Aug 17:14
- Chachee.rayna added Maple Cake to Yummy 25 Jul 18:46
- clowens2003 added Maple Cake to Food 01 Jul 01:37
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Maple Cake 10 Jun 17:07
- Rhonda r. favorited Maple Cake 07 Jun 02:08
- Nyctophilia N. favorited Maple Cake 05 Jun 19:07
- Mi.ezekatze favorited Maple Cake 05 Jun 06:30
You Will Need
Make the cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan; line with parchment, and butter parchment. Dust with flour, tapping out excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, maple syrup, and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; mix in vanilla.
Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with 2 batches of sour cream; beat until just combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack to cool completely.
Make the icing: Combine maple syrup and butter in a bowl. Sift in confectioners’ sugar, and whisk until combined. Adjust consistency with more syrup or sugar, if necessary. Spread maple icing over top of cake. Let set, at least 15 minutes, before serving.