Make your own Slushy with almost nothing...
This slush is made with your favorite drink and perfect for the summer, or just when you feel like it. I would describe slush as your favourite drink mixed with miniature ice "cubes", as it's basically half frozen.You can make this right out of school and it will just about be done by the time you have finished dinner and have it as dessert.
*NOTE: I put this on a couple of years ago when my English wasn't very good (I am from the Netherlands) but I felt my English has improved a lot and therefore here is an update. When I first put this recipe on, I wrote that you have to refrigerate it, but obviously I meant that you have to freeze it. Anyways, here is the same recipe but with somewhat improved grammar and vocabulary.
- Melissa Beth added Make Slush! to Foodening 21 Jan 02:15
- Melissa Beth favorited Make Slush! 24 Nov 19:09
- Ievars favorited Make Slush! 22 Oct 14:18
- Miss_Fit added Make Slush! to Food 08 Jul 19:32
- Miss_Fit favorited Make Slush! 08 Jul 19:32
- Caz added Make Slush! to Seaside Party 30 Mar 15:17
- Naomii<33 added Make Slush! to kan dr mee door 28 Oct 11:08
- Ada A. favorited Make Slush! 20 May 20:43
- ktull329 favorited Make Slush! 10 Sep 03:48
- CookieBird Lover favorited Make Slush! 05 Sep 02:37
First, put your favorite drink (lemonade, coke etc.) in a plastic bottle (just leave about an inch of emptiness at the top because ice expands + you will need to shake it later on).
To get a bright coloured slush, add a couple of drops of food coloring. This is completely optional and not adding this won't effect the flavour in any way. I never do this as it just makes it more expensive and less healthy.
Put the bottle in the freezer for 1 hour.
Take the bottle out of the freezer and shake it vigorously.
Put it back for half an hour.
Take it out and shake it, again.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 until it has a nice slushy texture.
Pour into a cup (or drink ot straight out of the bottle) and enjoy!