About this project
I went to a thrift store and saw this really raggedy, worn out, and kinda gross garage stool, (i.e. many years worth of butt-sweat stains, LOL). It was only 2 bucks and I was looking for a new project so I figured "I really should rescue this damn thing!" Bought it, some paint, some black denim, some industrial strength velcro, and some ribbon and went to town. I was so eager to get started that I didn't even think to take before pics. (I really regret that because no one believes me about the butt-funk.) First, I threw away the original seat, made a new one. I figure that since it was going to be a stool for a child, I.S. velcro would be the best thing to secure the seat so I could wash it if need be. Next, I sanded down the wood, which took me longer than anything else because it was in really crappy condition. Last, I painted it up with some Jelly Bean Green awesome-ness and Voila!!! I love this little thing. It's perfect for my kiddo and I just like looking at it. It's one of those recon projects that I really was unsure of how it would turn out but ended up really surprising myself.