About

Cost
$ $ $ $ $
Difficulty
• • • • •
Time
12h00

This costume altoghether cost fifty dollars which was a very reasonable price.
This isn't the first thing I've sown before, but its the nicest thing I've accomplished. I've had this costume in mind for awhile, but never really had the time for it. That was until I caught the stomach flu and was house ridden during the second week of October. I just thought..."How convienent..." and made the kimono.

This is a costume kimono following the pattern from Simplicity, but I plan on making another one that is more like the original design of a japanese kimono. I guess you could call this my mock up. ^^ It took three days to finish (mind the flu), but only four hours each day. So it was pretty easy.

The fabric is really cheap and easy to work with. Its muslin and broadcloth cotton. Most of it I got on sale and from thrift stores. Everything else was me. X3

Posted by Astrydis from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States • Published See Astrydis's 2 projects »
Tags

PrintEmbed

Astrydis posted this project as a creation without steps

Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!

Made this project? Share your version »

Comments

Jeanniece M.
Jeanniece M. · 1 project
Beautiful!
Reply
Sarania
Sarania · U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado, US · 15 projects
This is gorgeous!
Reply
DelusionalDianne
DelusionalDianne · Rancho Cucamonga, California, US · 10 projects
this is too cute!
i want to make one too :3
Reply
Yumi N.
Yumi N. · 12 projects
So pretty! :3
Reply
Astrydis
Astrydis · Sheboygan, Wisconsin, US · 2 projects
thank you very much! muslin and broadcloth are the best mock up material, but i've had my eye on some really nice japanese silk...^^thank you both so much though
Reply
Eien
Eien · Conyers, Georgia, US · 3 projects
I made a kimono and yukata from the same pattern too! I like the cobalt blue you chose
Reply
Ginger Snapped
Ginger Snapped · Sacramento, California, US · 31 projects
terrific job!!!! way great i love it!!!
Reply