Revival of the Ancient!!
The first piece of my minicollection for me, finaly (it took some weeks to make it) :) inspired by ancient wallpapers, lampshades, curtains and stuff... and the music of Gogol Bordello!!!
The idea for the skirt is from a spanish pattern magazine. but i made the pattern myself because i lost the pattern sheets... :(
Originally, i wanted to make a triple layered balloon skirt, so each flounce should be turned over, but it looked way too puffy so i cut the flounces into two pieces... well, maybe i will do another one of this skirt and sell it!
now the first mini-flounce is balloon-like, the other two flounces are single-layered.
i sewed on a silver lace at the bottom of the yoke which can be knotted at the side and ends in two tassels (i´m so in love with them)
The fabrics are black taffeta i bought for just 1.50 euros per metre, black/silver paisley jacquard (it was like hell to sew it because the weave is so loose) and black twill for the lining of the yoke (i like to use rough-textured fabrics like cotton twill for the inside of the yoke because taffeta will slip and the skirt will be at my waist, not covering my backside...)
Collection hopefuy continues with some trousers when my tests and fashion show are over in may :( such a long time....
oh, if somebody likes, i can add a how-to!!
- Key West Witch favorited Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt 26 Jun 02:30
- VillainousNinja added Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt to Make plz 28 Jun 00:48
- VillainousNinja added Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt to Gothic 24 Jun 03:04
- cynthia.wimberly.12 favorited Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt 12 Dec 06:00
- Geli T. favorited Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt 31 Jul 14:21
- Amanda Wicked favorited Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt 30 May 05:58
- Tristin C. favorited Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt 20 Dec 19:10
- gloria z. favorited Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt 07 Nov 13:44
- virlanaoliveira favorited Gypsy Punk Revolt Ruffle Skirt 26 Jul 02:15
So posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!