Have you ever been to an american wedding? Where is the vodka, where is marinated herring?!
last year, my boyfriend, a friend and me saw the amazing gogol bordello in concert again. and i bought another big shirt to transform into a dress.
i started last year, wasn´t satisfied with it and put it away. as i moved in another apartment half a year ago and had to clean out my sewing room i found it again and changed it to the current look. i thought it´s a shame that it was buried in there and started to rip most of the seams to make some more alterations. well, i moved again last week and finally found the time to make some photos... i havn´t found the best place to make photos yet, i apologize they are a bit dark.
so, a short description: now it´s a tank dress with princess seams. it has an empire like bust dividing seam where the piping ends. the bottom part is more pencil shaped. i cut most of the parts out of the t shirt, but some parts are made of additional jersey yardage. At the upper edges at front and back i sewed in fancy elastic to have a nice edge.
All in all, it wasn´t expensive, just time consuming due to unsatisfaction and oblivion :D
- Allblack9119 added Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress to Tshirt Dresses 05 Mar 02:26
- Allblack9119 favorited Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress 05 Mar 02:26
- Jasmin F. favorited Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress 29 Jul 08:14
- WearyWater favorited Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress 28 Sep 21:26
- d l. added Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress to To-make list 08 Dec 20:33
- BlackCherry favorited Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress 08 Sep 03:26
- Sara D. favorited Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress 20 Aug 19:51
- rayev69 added Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress to Things to try 22 Jun 20:07
- Tanya R. favorited Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress 17 Jun 14:50
- Amanda Wicked favorited Gogol Bordello Shirt Dress 30 May 05:53
So posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!