The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook
Makes 12 cupcakes
Soft, spicy gingerbread made as gorgeous cupcakes. These are irresistible!
Pumpkin Pie Spice: The Ultimate Baking Aid
Whether you’re making banana bread or ginger cookies, mincemeat pie or coffee cake, one or two teaspoons of your favorite pumpkin pie spice blend easily (and deliciously) replaces a recipe’s recommended spices.
© 2020 Stephanie Pedersen / Sterling · Reproduced with permission. · Reprinted with permission from The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook © 2014 by Stephanie Pedersen, Sterling Publishing Co. Photography by Guy Ambrosino (£9.99, available from Amazon.co.uk)
- RareJewel favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 09 Jun 04:39
- Angzii Attackz favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 11 Dec 03:38
- Jane Z. favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 19 Nov 20:44
- Zombie Babe favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 12 Nov 07:22
- Suzi T. favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 07 Nov 22:50
- bakingbeardy favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 04 Nov 12:01
- Emma H. favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 03 Nov 20:48
- hannah g. favorited Gingerbread Cupcakes 31 Oct 19:04
- Ten Speed Press published her project Gingerbread Cupcakes 27 Oct 17:57
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
Make the cupcakes: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until creamy.
Beat in the egg until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Beat in the milk, molasses, and vanilla on medium speed. Mixture will not look fully combined, and that’s just fine.
In a medium bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
Fill cupcake liners 2⁄3 of the way full, no more. Bake for 19–21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Make the frosting: In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Add the confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Beat for 2 minutes.
Add the vanilla and 1 more tablespoon more of lemon juice if necessary. Beat for 1 minute.
Frost cooled cupcakes immediately before serving.