Decorate your window with this superstar project.
There are projects I always encourage doing in front of the television and this is one of them. You are going to have to cut out about hm……..say 500 leaves for 6 feet of 8 feet long strands. It’s a job to do while watching a mini series. When you’re sewing, keep that TV on and it will go much faster. Or better yet, listen to some Aretha Franklin, I love to sew with some energetic music in the background. R E S P E C T!
NOTE: 1 yard of felt will make a 30 foot strand of leaves so plan accordingly when you buy your felt. Measure your window and how many strands you will need to cover it properly.
SUGGESTION: If you are using green leaves, use a brown or white thread so it has a nice contrast. If you are using brown leave, use yellow or white. Make sure that the thread pops a bit to give it some nice detail.
This couldn’t be easier even if you aren’t handy with a sewing machine.
(Photography by Auxy Espinoza)
- Key West Witch favorited Felt Leaf Window Treatment 10 Sep 10:13
- Paige D. added Felt Leaf Window Treatment to Home 24 Jan 01:36
- ShortHairedGirl favorited Felt Leaf Window Treatment 01 Jan 02:18
- Markee R. added Felt Leaf Window Treatment to Beatnik Party 22 Jun 15:44
- Elizabeth s. favorited Felt Leaf Window Treatment 04 Apr 17:39
- Ada A. favorited Felt Leaf Window Treatment 07 Nov 23:55
- CountessAudronasha added Felt Leaf Window Treatment to lost girl 24 Aug 22:54
- Sara L. added Felt Leaf Window Treatment to To-make list 13 Jul 04:53
- Sara L. favorited Felt Leaf Window Treatment 12 Apr 23:50
- Crafty Pirate favorited Felt Leaf Window Treatment 09 Nov 17:32
Once you have cut out your leaves you will start a straight stitch right down the center of your first leaf starting at one tip and ending at the other.
Make one very long strand of leaves and cut them to size on your window. This will help you determine how many more you need to sew to cover your window.