Make a faux druzy pendant with the Denver Craft Ninjas
- liza.minelli.564 favorited Faux Druzy Pendant 01 Feb 00:37
- Maria P. favorited Faux Druzy Pendant 27 Jul 19:20
- mmotse03 favorited Faux Druzy Pendant 02 Jun 11:52
- kiki w. added Faux Druzy Pendant to Craft 2 sell 31 Jan 14:52
- MissyCupcake favorited Faux Druzy Pendant 16 Feb 01:06
- Roxy R. favorited Faux Druzy Pendant 12 Sep 11:27
- Allyne added Faux Druzy Pendant to On Holidaaaaaay 27 Jul 18:46
- Allyne favorited Faux Druzy Pendant 27 Jul 18:37
- Chudames favorited Faux Druzy Pendant 27 Jul 09:03
- CraftyCat added Faux Druzy Pendant to Crafts 13 Jul 18:16
You Will Need
For this project, we’ve used the following supplies:
Black Paillettes - You can really choose any color; I have used clear reflective paillettes and had good results. I like the look of the black paillettes - my favorite druzy are the black ones.
A variety of fine glitter - I used a gaggle of different colors from my glitter stash.
A cabochon pendant - I used a copper locket.
Plaid’s Mod Podge Dimensional Magic - with glitter!
A clean surface to work
Use a toothpick to blend the paillettes with the Mod Podge. It’s a delicate process to combine them and not let the mixture come out of the cabochon’s indention. Just mix it carefully and tidy the sides of the pendant as you work.
It will be messy! So, get over worrying about getting glitter everywhere!
At Share Denver, it’s an occupational hazard!
The mixture will appear milky as you add the paillettes, but you’re looking for a consistency of wet sand. Keep adding paillettes!
When you start to get to the perfect consistency, add some other colors of the fine glitter.
With this pendant, I used a mixture of champagne, purple, blue, red, gold, and a reflective rainbow silver.
The amount of colors and sparkle is up to you! I add a ton because the more sparkly, the better in my book.