Most simple dress for summer.
I made this dress with just a meter of this really cute fabric I found on the market, I was just walking by, and I'm a sucker for polka dots so I couldn't resist :)
I did my steps in an awkward order, so I'll rearrange it to make it easy for you guys... I wanna see versions!
- Hollie P. added Easy Shirred Dress to saving for later 23 Aug 22:35
- Barjaa B. added Easy Shirred Dress to DIYS 28 Jun 18:31
- jennfer c. favorited Easy Shirred Dress 07 Mar 08:49
- Rose K. favorited Easy Shirred Dress 22 Aug 02:33
- Lee S. favorited Easy Shirred Dress 14 Jul 23:25
- MissCindy favorited Easy Shirred Dress 27 Jun 11:53
- Dee D. added Easy Shirred Dress to clothes 12 Jun 02:39
- Barjaa B. added Easy Shirred Dress to Projects To Do 05 Apr 01:58
- Neduls favorited Easy Shirred Dress 23 Jan 04:15
- kali.parkins favorited Easy Shirred Dress 10 Jan 05:26
First of all, measure out your fabric. You'll need to add about 5cm to the length you need for hems.
I would say here's the difficult bit, but its amazingly simple.
Take your shirring elastic and wind it around an empty bobbin.
DON'T USE A MACHINE TO DO THIS, ITS IMPORTANT YOU DON'T STRECH THE ELASTIC WHILE WINDING IT.
Put your bobbin in the machine as usual and sew rows of stitching with the same size gaps between.
With the right sides together, sew down the side of the dress.