How to make;
Truth is, I finished this cake stand a while ago but have been putting off sharing it – I thought I would make some sweet, pretty cupcakes to adorn it & show it’s cute functionality… but…. who am I kidding…?!
- Shell L. favorited Diy Cake Stand 17 Jul 04:58
- Lady.Blasphemy favorited Diy Cake Stand 27 Nov 05:01
- pittysoares commented on Diy Cake Stand 08 Oct 18:21
- pittysoares favorited Diy Cake Stand 08 Oct 18:21
- MaybeAViking favorited Diy Cake Stand 13 Jun 01:59
- isis.nallely favorited Diy Cake Stand 13 Nov 20:04
- aloosh a. added Diy Cake Stand to Home 25 Oct 19:50
- Kitsuné favorited Diy Cake Stand 21 Oct 01:07
- lisa123 favorited Diy Cake Stand 11 Oct 19:43
- Belle favorited Diy Cake Stand 08 Sep 23:53
Collect yourself some bland plates: A dinner plate, a bread & butter plate & a saucer. Originally I was going to use some cute vintage plates & leave it at that, but when it came down to it I couldn’t sacrifice their lovely brown floral goodness to being glued forever more to some sherry glasses, so I decided to go with some ugly plates & paint the whole construction.
You’ll also need two of the afore mentioned sherry glasses, your local oppy shall, I guarantee, have a plethora, some heavy duty glue – make sure it says on the pack that it’s suitable for glass & ceramics – and some enamel paint. You’ll need the grey base coat & the colour of your finished piece… red, surely…?
Find the centre of both your dinner plate & the bread & butter plate. Mix the glue (use a match stick) & apply it to the rim of one of your sherry glasses (if you have a larger & a smaller one, like I did, use the larger for the dinner plate) & attach carefully to the centre of your dinner plate. You don’t want to be too far off centre or your cake stand will look lopsided and perhaps be unstable. Repeat with the bread & butter plate.
When the glue is set, you can stack everything together & see how it fits. I found this part super easy – the bases of the sherry glasses fit straight & centred into the rimmed bases of the plates above. When you can see how they fit together, apply your glue to the base of the glass on the dinner plate & place the bread & butter plate on top. Repeat with your last plate & leave to dry.