Quick and no-sew shirt revamping
I got this from YouTube and wanted to try -and- share it. Just too awesome to keep to myself. ^^
The picture sucks, I look kinda sick. x)
- upsgal favorited Cute Top 01 Apr 23:55
- Naomi D. favorited Cute Top 03 Jan 06:59
- Emma H. favorited Cute Top 31 Oct 23:51
- shelly.anderson.547 added Cute Top to Tee Shirt 11 Jun 21:08
- Maggers favorited Cute Top 03 Mar 00:37
- Stephanie N. favorited Cute Top 30 Jan 04:11
- Shelly S. added Cute Top to refashion 05 Aug 03:03
- Shelly S. favorited Cute Top 05 Aug 03:03
- Roughwaters44 favorited Cute Top 08 Jul 04:11
- Phoenix M. favorited Cute Top 21 May 23:16
Grab the front by the needles and flatten the sirt so you have a fold that is exactly the middle of your shirt.
Grab a pair of really sharp scissors and make little cuts along the middle line! You'll want to make an uneven amout of cuts, that's important. Make them a little less than half an inch wide, the space in between them is up to you.
Take your second material. This can either be a strip of contrasting shirt fabric, pulled into a nice string. Or you could use satin ribbon to get a more chic look. I'll do that another time...
Wave it through the loops, I think that's pretty self-explanatory if it goes along with the picture. Tie off in a bow. Snip the ends if desired.
You may do the same thing to the upside of your sleeves, which is what I did. But this time, I thought it would look better to weave it so that the knot would be not on the shoulders but on the ( non-existing ) seam, plus, I did not tie a bow on the sleeves... it was kinda too much. ^^
There you have it, a quick and really, really cute shirt. :)
You could paint stuff on it afterwards... The girl that did the original tutorial splattered paint all over and it looked awesome...