CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
If you love mushrooms, and want to create a warm ,simple but filling soup/starter , I would really recommend you try this recipe.You can pair this with garlic breads, crusty mini cheese bruschetta, toasted and buttered ciabatta , or even a simple cheese toast.
- Rhona H. favorited Creamy Mushroom Soup 04 May 11:29
- Super Madcow favorited Creamy Mushroom Soup 03 May 01:51
- Crafterella featured Creamy Mushroom Soup 01 May 23:00
- Kimya J. favorited Creamy Mushroom Soup 28 Apr 03:19
- Frombowltosoul published their project Creamy Mushroom Soup 26 Apr 09:00
You Will Need
Heat a tsp of butter and sauteè these for 5-7minutes. Keep aside for garnishing.
Heat 2 tbsp of butter ,add rest of the mushrooms, onions, garlic cloves, peppercorns.Pop the lid on. Cook gently till the mushrooms are soft.
Add the wholewheat flour and sauteè till the raw smell of the flour is gone.Please keep stirring to ensure that the flour doesn't get burnt.
Add the milk slowly. Continue stirring.Cook for 5-7 minutes, till the milk starts to boil and gets a creamy consistency.
Let the mixture cool.Then blend it to form a creamy texture.
Bring the mixture to a boil. If required add little more water / vegetable stock to get the consistency you want.
Add salt, nutmeg powder . Mix well . Garnish with the sautéed mushroom slices, creme/ Crème fraîche, coriander and crushed pepper.Serve.